Donald Trump’s celebrity status and outspoken politics have drawn mixed reactions from the entertainment world. While many stars align with liberal politics, Trump has cultivated a group of celebrity fans and supporters from across industries.
This article examines key figures backing Trump’s agenda and brand.
Kanye West has created headlines for his overt backing of Trump, meeting with him at Trump Tower and calling him a “brother” (). West dons MAGA hats and provokes controversy with right-wing rants. However, he has hinted at running for office against Trump in 2024.
The rock musician Kid Rock is one of Trump’s most vocal celebrity fans, regularly supporting him publicly and hanging out at the White House (). Rock has golfed with Trump and backed his economic policies.
Rocker Ted Nugent is a fiery Trump advocate, calling him the greatest president ever and blasting liberals (). Nugent met Trump during the 2016 campaign. He heavily criticizes athletes kneeling during the national anthem.
Oscar winner Jon Voight is one of the few old Hollywood stars to back Trump. Voight declares Trump’s greatness and suitability to lead at political rallies (). Voight also narrated a 2020 GOP convention video framing Trump as a hero.
Country singer Trace Adkins sang at Trump’s 2017 inauguration concert (). Adkins also competed on Trump’s reality show Celebrity Apprentice in 2013. He endorses Trump’s tell-it-like-it-is attitude and patriotism.
Actors Supporting Trump
Happy Days star Scott Baio spoke at the 2016 GOP convention for Trump and continues campaigning for him (). Baio praises Trump’s focus on American jobs and criticism of political correctness. He calls Trump smart and “relentless.”
Dean Cain, known for playing Superman, backed Trump in 2016 and 2020 by appearing at rallies and events (). Cain slammed mask mandates and Hollywood blacklisting of conservatives.
Buffy actress Kristy Swanson frequently tweets her support for Trump and commitment to the MAGA agenda (). She defended Trump during both impeachment sagas and challenges the 2020 election results.
A self-proclaimed “Jesus freak,” Stephen Baldwin stands as the only pro-Trump actor in his liberal Baldwin family (). He advocates for religious rights and praises Trump’s economic achievements.
Antonio Sabato Jr.
Soap opera actor Antonio Sabato Jr. spoke at the 2016 RNC for Trump and continues campaigning for him (). He called Trump “hands down the best president we have ever had.” He now runs for Congress.
Sports Figures Supporting Trump
NFL star Tom Brady has a warm, if complex, relationship with Trump that predates politics (). Trump often touts Brady’s wins and skill. Brady seems to support Trump as a friend but avoided politics publicly until after retiring.
Famed NFL coach Mike Ditka is one of Trump’s most diehard sports backers, routinely praising his leadership skills (). The cigar-smoking Ditka appears at Trump rallies and travel ban announcements.
UFC President Dana White spoke glowingly of Trump at 2016 GOP events (). He calls Trump a “fighter” and “good friend.” Trump appointed White to advise on economic recovery from COVID-19.
Baseball legend Mariano Rivera went to the White House to accept the Medal of Freedom from Trump in 2019 (). Rivera calls Trump “a blessing” from God and supported reelection.
Golf icon Jack Nicklaus endorsed Trump in 2020, saying Trump’s policies are better for America (). He praised lower taxes and reduced regulations under Trump. They frequently golf together.
Reality TV Connections
Trump’s celebrity ties unsurprisingly include reality TV stars he met through pageants and his show The Apprentice. Figures like Omarosa Manigault and Dennis Rodman worked with Trump then backed his politics. Some key supporters include:
Kim Kardashian visits the White House advising Trump on criminal justice reform (). She refuses calls to denounce Trump, whom she knows from Apprentice.
NFL receiver Terrell Owens did Celebrity Apprentice and appeared on Fox praising Trump in 2018 (). He supports Trump’s criticism of athletes kneeling during the anthem.
Reality star Jesse James backs Trump’s “America First” mindset and hostility to China (). He slams liberal elites and media for opposing Trump and not understanding Americans.
Donald Trump clearly attracts an eclectic array of celebrity fans across pop culture realms like music, movies, and sports. These vocal supporters tout Trump as a truth-talking patriot and exemplary president. However, many stars remain vehemently anti-Trump, sparking an ongoing clash within the celebrity political sphere. Trump’s fame seems likely to still draw some entertainers to back his divisive stances.
- Forbes. “A Timeline Of How Kanye West Became A Trump Supporter” https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/08/17/a-timeline-of-how-kanye-west-became-a-trump-supporter/?sh=19f0e6f7157d
- USA Today. “Kid Rock hits links with Trump at president’s Florida golf club” https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/12/23/kid-rock-president-trump-golf-mar-a-lago/2732prio002/
- Fox News. “Ted Nugent calls Trump the ‘greatest president of our lifetime’ at Michigan rally” https://www.foxnews.com/media/ted-nugent-donald-trump-michigan-rally
- The Guardian. “The Oscar-winning actor’s pro-Trump speech at a rally in Ohio seemed to treat the next US election as a looming holy war” https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jan/14/jon-voight-donald-trump-national-treasure-hollywood-liberals
- Rolling Stone. “See Trace Adkins Salute Troops at Trump Inauguration Concert” https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/see-trace-adkins-salute-troops-at-trump-inauguration-concert-114532/
- USA Today. “Scott Baio explains his Trump support after ‘Happy Days’ reunion backlash” https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2021/10/26/scott-baio-explains-supporting-donald-trump-after-backlash/8547348002/
- Deadline. “Dean Cain Defends Donald Trump’s Tax Returns Tweets And Rips Hollywood Liberal Groupthink” https://deadline.com/2016/10/dean-cain-defends-donald-trump-tax-returns-hollywood-liberal-groupthink-video-1201836366/
- Fox News. “Kristy Swanson slams calls from ‘Buffy’ alums to denounce Trump: ‘I’m proud of my conservative views’” https://www.foxnews.com/media/kristy-swanson-buffy-alums-denounce-trump
- Business Insider. “Stephen Baldwin calls Donald Trump his ‘good friend,’ says they have ‘different opinions’ on sexual assault accusations” https://www.businessinsider.com/stephen-baldwin-calls-trump-good-friend-have-different-opinions-on-assault-allegations-2017-12
- NBC News. “Actor Antonio Sabato Jr. to Address RNC as Candidate for Congress” https://www.nbcnews.com/card/antonio-sabato-jr-address-rnc-candidate-congress-n635936
- Boston Globe. “Tom Brady’s complicated connection with Donald Trump” https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/02/01/sports/tom-bradys-complicated-connection-donald-trump/
- Chicago Tribune. “Column: Give Mike Ditka credit for standing by his opinion that Barack Obama was the worst president ever” https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/steve-rosenbloom/ct-ditka-stands-by-obama-worst-ever-20191011-psyfbxonojhbpftpb2vuznxzxu-story.html
- MMA Fighting. “Dana White stumps for Donald Trump at Republican National Convention” https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/8/24/21399345/dana-white-stumps-for-donald-trump-at-republican-national-convention
- New York Post. “Yankees legend Mariano Rivera reveals why he supports Trump” https://nypost.com/2019/07/12/yankees-legend-mariano-rivera-reveals-why-he-supports-trump/
- Golfweek. “Jack Nicklaus endorses Donald Trump ahead of U.S. presidential election” https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/10/29/jack-nicklaus-endorses-donald-trump-presidential-election/
- People. “Kim Kardashian Returning to White House to Discuss Criminal Justice Reform” https://people.com/politics/kim-kardashian-returning-to-white-house-to-discuss-criminal-justice-reform/
- The Hill. “Terrell Owens: Trump is ‘dividing the country’ but ‘I do support him’” https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/370154-terrell-owens-i-absolutely-think-trumps-dividing-the-country-but-i
- Fox News. “Jesse James backs Trump amid feud with ‘elitist’ Alec Baldwin brothers, says Americans want ‘knock-down-drag-out fight’” https://www.foxnews.com/media/jesse-james-backs-trump-amid-feud-with-hollywood-elite-baldwin-brothers
Hi y’all, I’m Caroline Webster, your proud Texan source for everything related to our 45th president, Donald Trump, and the GOP.
Along with my husband, Bill, I run Trump Scoop, born out of our ranch in the Lone Star State, offering insightful and unbiased commentary on conservative politics.
With a degree in Political Science and years immersed in local politics, my aim is to keep our readers informed and connected.
For me, it’s not just about delivering news—it’s about standing up for our values and the spirit of American patriotism.